Today's testDo you know about July 31 in history?
1. In 1777, what French nobleman was made a major-general in the American Continental Army?
2. In 1972, what Democratic vice-presidential candidate withdrew from the ticket after disclosures that he once underwent psychiatric treatment?
3. In 1992, what country was admitted to the United Nations as its 179th member?
1. The Marquis de Lafayette, a 19-year-old French nobleman.
2. Thomas Eagleton withdrew from the ticket with George McGovern.
3. The former Soviet republic of Georgia.